Tuesday, 13 April 2010

... the seas have lifted up their pounding waves ... (Psalm 93)

For several years I have taken a photos at the same point at Hunmanby Gap, and it is interesting to see how much the cliff is changing ...

Psalm 93

1 The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty;
the LORD is robed in majesty
and is armed with strength.
The world is firmly established;
it cannot be moved.
2 Your throne was established long ago;
you are from all eternity.
3 The seas have lifted up, O LORD,
the seas have lifted up their voice;
the seas have lifted up their pounding waves.
4 Mightier than the thunder of the great waters,
mightier than the breakers of the sea—
the LORD on high is mighty.
5 Your statutes stand firm;
holiness adorns your house
for endless days, O LORD.

The power of the seas is just incredible. I am sure we are all aware of the dramatic erosion along our coast during this last winter. How amazing - and comforting - to know that, however mighty the waves, our God is so much mightier!

Rachel White

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I get very low and downhearted with this BLOG site. I feel we need fresh posts and not me doing one to keep the impetus moving. Its not the Margaret show. I was so pleased that Ben is doing them now. This morning I looked and there was this fantastic post from Rachel. I am taking on board our Filey psalm again, so familiar, as a Mother Basilia plaque on the side of the Paddling pool at the start of the Royal Parade. I am so thankful for this post Rachel -and as for the pictures -great archive of time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...